Jumat, 13 Januari 2012

ARTI-ARTI DARI PRESENT PERFECT


(a)      Jim has already eaten lunch.
(b)      Ann hasn’t eaten lunch yet.
(c)      Have you ever eaten at that rastaurant?
(d)     I’ve never eaten here.
The present perfect expresses activities or situations that occurred (or did not occur) “before now,” at some unspecified time in the past.*
(e)      Pete has eaten at that restaurant many times.
(f)       I’ve been to that theater five or six times.
(g)      I’ve had three tests so far this week.
The present perfect expresses activities that were repeated several or many times in the past.
The exact times are unspecified.
(h)      Erica has lived in this city since 1989.
(i)        I have known Ben for ten years.
(j)        We’ve been in class since ten o’clock this morning.
When the present perfect is used with since or for, it expresses situations that began in the past and continue to the present.
*If the exact time is specified, the simple past tense is used.
SPECIFIED TIME: Jim ate lunch at 12:00/two hours ago/yesterday.
UNSPECIFIED TIME: Jim has already eaten lunch. (at some unspecified time before now)

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar