Jumat, 13 Januari 2012

MENGGUNAKAN SIMPLE PAST vs. PRESENT PERFECT


SIMPLE PAST:
(a)      I finished my work two hours ago.
PRESENT PERFECT:
(b)     I have already* finished my work.
In (a): I finished my work at a specified time in the past (two hours ago).
In (b): I finished my work at an unspecified time in the past (sometime before now).

The simple past expresses an activity that occurred at a specific time (or times) in the past, as in (a) and (c). 

The present perfect expresses an activity that occured at an specified time (or times) in the past, as in (b) and (d).
SIMPLE PAST:
(c)      I was in Europe last year/three years ago/in 1989/in 195 and 1989/when I was ten years old.
PRESENT PERFECT:
(d)     I have been in Europe many times/several times/a couple of times/once/(no mention of time).
*Already has the same usual placement as frequency adverbs. Already means “before”.

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar